Are you feeling Hexatious?
Hexatious reinvents the classic strategy game of "Hex" - in which two players compete to be the first to build a path connecting their two opposite edges of the board. Among its fans, Hex is widely admired for its simplicity, elegance and subtlety.
So if you are the type who enjoys playing thoughtful computer games - games that not only delight and entertain - but that also reward your intelligence by giving you a decent shot at beating the computer - then move along, Hexatious is not the game for you.
Make no mistake about it: Hexatious was not written to entertain anyone - and playing (that is, losing at) Hexatious was certainly never meant to be fun. Instead, Hexatious was engineered with a single goal in mind: to win. And to win efficiently, quickly and decisively. Hexatious does not just beat its opponents - it dismantles them.Features
- A fast pace. Because Hexatious (just like you) has better things to do with its time, the program is not willing to spend any more than five to ten seconds deciding on its next move.
- Four sizes of playing boards (9x9, 11x11, 13x13 and 15x15) to accommodate every type of game - from a quick engagement to an epic struggle.
- Three levels of difficulty. Choose the appropriate difficulty level (hard, harder and hardest) to match your Hex-playing skill level.
- Unlimited Undo. You can -and you will- take back any number of your previous moves ("move" here being the polite word for "mistake").
- A "restricted opening" option to offset the advantage of moving first.